incidence

Digitalblend-CL

1/6 Echidna, Queen's Blade

inked detail

Echidna the Elf Mercenary was build all the way back in 2009, this was part of a forum contest all the way back then, I also used this as a stress relief project in 2009, the Union-Tribune Newspaper here in san Diego was hemeraging money and people. Those of us that were left had to pickup the slack as best as possible, I built here as a stress relief and mental health project as much as a contest model. Yes, I could have done a better job, but money was a little sort and I did not have the extra resources to add all of the detail I wanted to the base, many of the forum posters complained about the eyes, and how the looked empty.

Read more...

1/6 Kanou Unchou, Ikkitousen

kanou 02

I have always wanted to build a model of Kanou Unchou from Ikkitousen, I built this kit in 2010 but I just never had a chance to create a post for this kit. The kit was a very straight forward build, the resin casting was very well done and ther was only a minimum amount of warping in the parts, I did have to use a brass rod for the pole arm shaft. The resin pole provided was not going to do the job, as for the rest of the parts, I had to do the usual pinning and drilling so that the parts for the arms and the legs would not fall a part. Otherwise, I did not have to do very much sanding and filling, the base was created using some scrap mattboard and styrofoam; I then used some modelling paste to cover the entire surface of the base that I created.

Read more...

Queen's Blade - Menace 1/6 completed

I am finally finished with the model, I painted the clear resin flame on the hand, and painted the Jewel on the Scepter. The Base is all painted and the parts are all glued together. Yes, the paint job did not turn out perfect, there are a few spots where the paint pulled off after I applied the future and flat base.

Read more...

Queen's Blade - Menace construction Update

It's time for another update, I am making good progress with Menace, like the name says, she's been a bad girl. The biggest problem has been the two ribbons, they are extremely warped, no matter how much test fitting and heat forming, I can't get them to fit right. As a Result, there is a noticeable gap in the back of the arms. But I did spend the weekend painting and coating the parts, I am for the most part done with the paint job, I just have to do some clean up on the ribbon of cloth.

Read more...

Queen's Blade - Menace and Scepter

I have been hard at work scratch building the base of the scepter, I am almost done. After gluing the rod to the base, I added some more putty and sanded the base to shape, then I had to add a ring onto the to of the base where the crystal globe will sit. The biggest issue so far are the two misshaped ribbons that the two arms hold up, I had to spend some more time heat shaping the parts so that they fit onto the arms; I was very surprised as to how warped the ribbons were, after I test fit the arms, body and ribbons.

Read more...